OPINION | This article contains opinion. This site is licensed to publish this content.
🚨 Are we doing a good job? | Send A Tip
Kyle Rittenhouse has issued a major warning to media outlets.
In just nine words, he explained, “There’s going to be some media accountability coming soon.”
Nicholas Sandmann, the former Covington Catholic student who was the target of false and defamatory articles by left-wing media outlets in 2019, has encouraged Rittenhouse to hold the media accountable.
Sandmann has settled multiple lawsuits, including a $250 million suit against CNN, NBC, and The Washington Post.
Bob Ehrlich, who is the former Maryland governor, explained that the coverage of the Rittenhouse case was atrocious.
“The original reporting included actual facts: the riots, the property destruction, Rittenhouse’s travels to and from the riots, the confrontations, the shootings and the deceased,” Ehrlich said.
“But these predicate facts were immediately stitched together to fit the preferred media narrative of a white supremacist-gone-wild — despite the presence of a widely available exculpatory video,” he added.
Rittenhouse said his faith has helped him endure the trial as well as the lies spread by the media.
“I believe God’s been with me every day of the trial, every day since Aug. 25,” Rittenhouse said.
“I pray to Him every single night.I pray for strength to get through whatever happens to me,” he said.
“I wanted to tell my story,” he said about his trial. “I wanted to tell the world what happened in Kenosha, the truth, unlike what the prosecution tried to do. And that’s why I took the stand.”
More from Western Journal:
It was a one-sentence warning that should have mainstream news organizations scrambling.
During his interview with Fox, Rittenhouse was answering questions about the media coverage that all but convicted him of murder for shooting three men in self-defense during the riots in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in August 2020. Two of the men died.
Rittenhouse was acquitted of the charges Nov. 19.
Rittenhouse was also asked about Nicholas Sandmann, the Kentucky teenager who was smeared by the mainstream media as racist after a January 2019 confrontation after the March for Life in Washington, D.C.
On Friday, Sandmann announced a settlement in his lawsuit against NBC over its coverage of his case. He had previously settled with The Washington Post and CNN. He has urged Rittenhouse to make a stand against the media.
“Good for him,” Rittenhouse said when asked about the settlement.
In his address to the AmeriFest crowd, Rittenhouse noted that, all along, his legal case was about more than one person and one incident.
“I think my trial was an example of them trying to come after our Second Amendment rights, our right to defend ourselves and trying to take our weapons,” Rittenhouse said, according to the Arizona Republic.