BREAKING: Judge Releases Affidavit Used by FBI to Raid Trump’s Home

OPINION | This article contains commentary that reflects the author's opinion.
🚨 Are we doing a good job? | Send A Tip

A 38-page affidavit was released that claims the FBI had “probable cause to believe” that President Donald Trump’s home contained classified information, including National Defense Information.

However, roughly 20 pages of the 38 pages have been significantly or fully redacted at the FBI’s request in order to keep the information hidden from Americans.

Many people have begun mocking the FBI and Judge Bruce Reinhart, who is an Obama supporter and donor that approved the raid, because the document is nearly entirely hidden.

The affidavit is the place where the DOJ specifies the crime they believe has been committed by Trump. This would be needed to show cause for a federal judge to authorize the Mar-a-Lago raid.

“The government is conducting a criminal investigation concerning the improper removal and storage of classified information in unauthorized spaces, as well as the unlawful concealment or removal of government records,” the affidavit states.

Trump previously turned over 15 boxes to the NARA and the FBI says its investigation had “established that documents bearing classification markings, which appear to contain National Defense Information (NDI), were among the materials contained” in the 15 boxes.

The FBI stated that they had “probable cause to believe that additional documents that contain classified NDI or that are presidential records subject to record retention requirements currently remain at the premises.”

President Trump has already filed a lawsuit after the historic and unprecedented FBI raid at his private residence. The bureau even wrongfully took his passports, which have now been returned.

In the lawsuit, Trump is seeking a detailed inventory and audit of the items seized. The FBI previously provided an inventory of items taken, but conveniently did not list the passports or other items.

It’s widely believe that the raid is politically motivated and part of a “political scam.”

Trump’s lawsuit demands that any items outside scope of the FBI’s warrant must be returned. It also demands the appointment of a special master to audit the items confiscated by the FBI.

“To date, the government has failed to legitimize its historic decision to raid the home of a President who had been fully cooperative,” states the lawsuit, titled Trump v. United States Government.

“The Aug. 8 search warrant at Mar-a-Lago was authorized by a federal court upon the required finding of probably cause. The Department is aware of this evening’s motion. The United States will file its response in court,” DOJ spokesman Anthony Coley said.

More on this story via Daily Wire:

In the lawsuit, filed by three of Trump’s attorneys, the former president’s legal team says that the August 8 raid on his residence appears to be motivated politics than law and order. “[T]he Government has failed to legitimize its historic decision,” the suit says, adding that Attorney General Merrick Garland took the “unheard-of step” in the aftermath of holding a press conference over the raid and agreeing to release part of the search warrant application.

The lawsuit records a short history of Trump’s discussions with the National Archives over documents that the archives wanted retrieved from Mar-a-Lago. The lawsuit describes Trump as cooperative and accommodating with the National Archive’s, and later the Department of Justice’s requests.

The cooperation ended on August 8 when Trump, who was in New York at the time, received a call from Justice Department counterintelligence chief Jay Bratt, informing Trump that the FBI is searching Mar-a-Lago.

“At approximately 9:10a.m., Mr. Bratt telephoned counsel for President Trump and informed him that a group of FBI agents was at Mar-a-Lago to execute a search warrant. Heated discussion ensued as to why the Government did not make a voluntary request to further explore the premises, given the expansive assistance that President Trump had provided to that point,” the lawsuit states.

Trump issued a statement following the filing of his lawsuit in court.

🙏 Donate to Support Us | Big tech is trying to silence us. Help us fight back! Thank you for your support! 🇺🇸